Garbage & recycling pick-up is on Monday mornings. When Monday is a federal holiday, pick up is Tuesday mornings.
Any Village residents and businesses that would like to have recycling & garbage picked up by the Village must purchase sticker tags at Village Hall (or RH Library or participating businesses). The chart below shows costs for different sizes of garbage bags.
- Be aware of garbage bag weight limits (13 gallons for small, and 30 gallons for large).
- All waste is brought to Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency.
- The Village service only applies to everyday bagged garbage. Construction materials & bulk un-bagged items won’t be taken; these must be taken to the Town Recycling Center.
|Small - Blue Tag (13 gal)||Large - Red Tag (30 gal)|
|Village Clerk’s office|
Village Hall, 7467 S Broadway
Mon - Fri: 11am - 4pm
|Red Hook Public Library |
7444 South Broadway
Mon, Tues, Fri: 10am - 5pm
Wed & Thurs: 12 - 7pm
Sat: 11am - 3pm
|Mac’s Agway |
68 Firehouse Ln
Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 8am - 5pm
Sun: 9am - 3pm
|$3.00 (+ $1/sheet convenience fee)||$6.00 (+ $1/sheet convenience fee)|
40 W Market St
Mon - Sat: 7am - 6:45pm
Sun: 8am - 5:15pm
|$3.00 (+ $0.25/tag convenience fee)||Not Available|
Town Recycling Center & Goods Exchange:
Village residents may buy annual permits to use the RH Town Recycling Center, at Glen Pond Drive. Current cost for permits and per item fees are listed on the Town’s website. Permits entitle holders to the following:
- Disposal of bulk items at a per item fee.
- Bags of trash at a cash-only fee per bag
- Clean, reusable items may be left and taken for free at the Goods Exchange there.
- Appliances containing freon are accepted for $15 at Town of Red Hook Recycling Center
For Items not on this list, refer to our ‘Disposal Options Chart'.
The Town of Red Hook offers a new composting service to Town and Village residents at the Town Recycling Center. Residents may bring their household compost to the Recycling Center at no cost from April 30 - October 31, 2022. For more information visit
The Village of Red Hook encourages residents to compost here is some information from the county on composting.
Dumpster Permit Policy
No permit required.