Building / Zoning Department
The purpose of the Department is to provide protection from hazards of fire, inadequate building construction and improper maintenance in residential and non-residential buildings through the enforcement of Local and State Codes, Rules and Regulations. Enforcement is enacted through the issuance of permits, notices and orders, performance of inspection and issuance of certificates.
Our Department ensures that no building, structure or land shall be used and no building, structure or part thereof shall be erected, moved or altered unless for a use expressly permitted by and in conformity with the regulations specified for the District in which it is located.
- 2018 Requirements For a Building Permit (PDF)
- Application For Special Permit or Site Plan (PDF)
- Application For Zoning Variance (PDF)
- Building Department Fees 2018 (DOCX)
- Building Permit Review Procedure (PDF)
- Planning Submission (PDF)
- Procedure Flow Chart (PDF)
- Report from the Zoning Board of Appeals - Area Variance (PDF)
- Report from the Zoning Board of Appeals - Use Variance (PDF)
- Required Inspections for Building Permits (PDF)
- Village of Red Hook Building Permit (PDF)