- Building / Zoning Department
Building / Zoning Department
The purpose of the Department is to provide protection from hazards of fire, inadequate building construction and improper maintenance in residential and non-residential buildings through the enforcement of Local and State Codes, Rules and Regulations. Enforcement is enacted through the issuance of permits, notices and orders, performance of inspection and issuance of certificates.
Our Department ensures that no building, structure or land shall be used and no building, structure or part thereof shall be erected, moved or altered unless for a use expressly permitted by and in conformity with the regulations specified for the District in which it is located.
Processes and Procedures
- Building, Planning, Zoning Fee Schedule (08-08-2022)
- Building, Planning, Zoning Dept Fees 6-2022
- Building Permit Review Procedure Flow Chart (PDF)
- Opening A New Business Procedure Flow Chart (PDF)
- Planning Submission (PDF)
- Applying for an Interpretation (Appealing decision of the ZEO)
- Building Department Fees 2018
Special Permits & Variances
- Red Hook and Tivoli Comprehensive Plan
- Local Law 2 of 2022 - Amend the Official Zoning Map, Create the Gateway Business District, and Make Other Associated Changes
- Local Law 3 of 2022 - Amend the Zoning Map & Define Salesroom or Shops of a Builder, Contractor, or Artisan
- Updated Zoning Map dated June 13, 2022
- Updated Zoning Map 2/14/2022
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Village of Red Hook Zoning Code
- Village of Red Hook Zoning Code @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
New York State Regulations
- Dig Safely New York
- State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- What is a permit?
A permit is a formal document authorizing commencement of some action or work subject to regulations.
- How do I find what a Zoning District is for a certain parcel of land?
This can be located on Zoning map dated June 13, 2022.
- How long does a building permit remain in effect?
A building permit shall become void in six months from the date of issuance. See Village of Red Hook Zoning, Section 200-49.
- What is the cost of a building permit?
Please refer to the Building and Zoning Department fee schedule.
- Do I need to submit a Village of Red Hook Building Permit with a NYS Unified Solar Permit?
Yes, a building permit must be submitted along with the solar permit.