Village of Red Hook, NY Welcomes You!
Below are some Rules & Regulations for your convenience:
- Village Residents are eligible for garbage and recycling curbside pick-up using a garbage tag system. Garbage tags can be purchased at the Village Hall, Red Hook Public Library, Taste Budd’s Café, and Mac’s Agway. Large tags (30 gal.) are $6.00 each and small tags (13 gal.) are $3.00 each (**private businesses may add a convenience charge to the tag price).
Garbage & Recycling pick-up is every Monday morning, with the exception of federal holidays. Curbside pick up of recyclable materials is a complimentary service available to all Village residents and businesses, regardless of whether they pay to participate in the Village garbage service. Recyclables must be separated, and pick-up will be according to the Recycling Calendar. Please do not overfill containers, and only use containers that have vents or holes to allow for drainage. Do not place recyclables in paper bags.
- Water bills are mailed quarterly - January, April, July, and October.
- No burning of garbage or brush is permitted in the Village. Barbeques are permitted.
- There is a leash law in the Village. No dog is allowed off your property unless contained by a leash and pet waste must be discarded of respectfully by the owner.
- A Village snow ordinance is in effect from November 1st through March 31st. During this time there is no street parking permitted between the hours of 11pm and 6am. All residents must keep sidewalks clear of all snow, ice and debris. Please shovel all fire hydrants of snow and ice.
- Zoning is in effect. Pools, decks, additions and any change of construction will require a building permit and may require Planning Board approval. The Zoning Office is located at the Village Hall. Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 11am – 4pm and by appointment for the Building Inspector.
- The Village of Red Hook Police Department is now dispatching through the New York State Police and the non-emergency contact number is 845-758-0060. Please remember in an emergency to DIAL 911.
The Red Hook Police Department offers security checks to residents who are away from their home. A security check form is available online as well as at the Village Hall and Red Hook Police Department.
- The Village Court is located at the Village Hall. Court is held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Court Office Hours are Tuesday & Wednesdays 11am-4pm (or by appointment). The Village Justice is the Hon. Jonah Triebwasser; Deputy Court Clerk is Rebecca Kent & Court Clerk is Kathy Fell. The Village Court office telephone number is: 845-758-4113.
- The Village of Red Hook picks-up brush and leaf each spring, summer, and fall during the first full week of the month. Please have your materials near the curb on Monday morning.
- The Village of Red Hook Highway Department is now located at 28 Glen Pond Drive. The Village Highway Department telephone number is: 845-758-8600.
- The Village Hall Hours are Monday through Friday, 11am – 4pm, with the exception of Federal holidays.
- We require that any resident selling or moving from the Village please request or have your attorney request a final water reading from the Water Department. A request must be received at least 5 business days BEFORE the closing. Our office must also be advised with the new owners name and address for future water billing.
- There is NO tree pruning permitted in the Village right-of-ways.
- Residents interested in donating scrap metal can contact Highway Superintendent, Jake Smith, at 845-758-8600 or the Village Clerk’s Office at 845-758-1081 to arrange for pick-up. All proceeds from the sale of scrap metal will be used to purchase equipment for the Village of Red Hook Highway and Waste Management Departments.
- Please consider composting. Household waste contains a lot of vegetable matter that can easily compost and be used around your plants and gardens. Shop locally and buy an easy to use bin. Compostable materials can also be dropped off for free at the Town of Red Hook Recycling Center.
- All Yard Sales require a permit. The fee is $5.00 and permits (with rules & regulations) can be obtained at the Village Hall or by calling 845-758-1081.
- Please come and enjoy the festivities of two annual Red Hook events: Apple Blossom Festival which is held on the Saturday of Mothers’ Day weekend and Hardscrabble Day which is held on the third Saturday in September. Parades, vendors and activities that are fun for the whole family!
- Our Village Judge and Mayor can perform wedding ceremonies. If you would like the Hon. Jonah Triebwasser or Mayor Karen Smythe to perform your wedding, please call the Village Hall on 845-758-1081. Or refer to information here.
Office Staff can be reached Monday through Friday from 11am – 4pm.
Phone (845) 758-1081 | Fax (845) 758-5146 | Email: email@example.com